There are several reasons why someone might choose to buy a Derek Alexander purse instead of a general or designer brand. Here are a few potential factors to consider:
- Quality: Derek Alexander uses Top Grain hides only in all of its leather line. Not only on the outside but anywhere you find leather inside the bag (under flaps, all trims, and the bottom pieces as well). This can result in a purse that is more durable along with the bag aging consistently. Many other brands use plastics or cheaper cuts of hide in these locations.
- Design: Derek Alexander takes pride in all of their designs. Providing the user, with many different shapes and sizes of pockets, zippers, and organizers.
- Investment: Derek Alexander is a classic handbag. Allowing the bag to be worn throughout the seasons and years, without going out of style.
If you prioritize quality and design, a Derek Alexander purse may be worth the investment for you.
What else makes Derek Alexander’s purse different:
- Durability: Cowhides are durable, but much like our own skin, over time the hide will show maturity. One of the things we love most about our leather is the stories it shows over time.
- Craftsmanship: Derek Alexander employs some of the most skilled craftspeople in the industry. The family-owned factory in Thailand has extensive experience in providing a beautiful products that our customers love.
- Design: We design with function in mind. We try to incorporate unique details or features that set them apart from others in our industry. We strive to be timeless and remain fashionable for many years to come.
- Functionality: Prioritizing functionality and usability when designing our products will always be what we stand for.
From a modest beginning in Calgary, Derek Alexander rapidly became the number one leather handbag line in Canada. Since 1988 we are fortunate to enjoy a reputation for quality and value that is hard to find in our industry.
In today’s world of heavily advertised “instant” brands, celebrities, and fashion-driven marketing, it is a refreshing thing when a local Canadian company can develop into a brand name the old-fashioned way:
—Providing a memorable product or service so consistently over many years that you become so well known for that product that you become a “brand name.”—